Regarding PDFListener and SP2

by Lisa Nicholls Wed, October 03 2007 13:44

A small clarification is obviously in order, because a couple of people have asked me when I'm "releasing" the SP2 version of PDFListener, to go with the changes I've made in RunReports.

The answer is: there is nothing I need to release. The code in PDFListener.PRG looks like this:

#DEFINE FFC_HOME ADDBS(HOME() + "FFC")

#DEFINE PDFLISTENER_SUPERCLASSLIB ;
             FFC_HOME + "_reportlistener.vcx"

#DEFINE CLASS PDFListener AS utilityReportListener ;

OF PDFLISTENER_SUPERCLASSLIB

... If you re-compile PDFListener.PRG with an SP2 copy of _reportlistener.vcx, you get the SP2 improvements.

The latest version of the PDFListener source is here: http://spacefold.com/downloads, but I haven’t changed anything in that source zip except for adding a non-VFP 9 version of the facility (PDFClass.PRG), as I explained when I posted the article (http://spacefold.com/articles).

PDFClass does not descend from any reportlistener class, and it is the code I used in earlier versions of FoxPro. In fact, I have used similar code, all the way back to FoxPro DOS. (I think I refactored the code for OOP around VFP 5.)

I have not made the equivalent changes in PDFClass.PRG to improve its exposure of page numbers because PDFClass does not even have a pages array. I suppose I could add one, but there isn't much point. By definition, PDFClass doesn't need to consider a report run with mixed old-style and new-style syntax, or chained reports.

Tags:

Visual FoxPro

Comments (10) -

3/11/2009 5:53:27 AM #

Hectic Capiznon

Thanks for sharing your experiences

Hectic Capiznon United States

3/19/2009 3:07:47 AM #

Jamil Wright

thanks for sharing this kind of information. I'll try PDFListener

Jamil Wright United States

6/19/2009 10:53:05 AM #

director

PDFListener helped me a lot

director United States

12/9/2009 5:08:42 AM #

flooring

What is PDFlistener and SP2?Where it is used?What are its features?

flooring United States

12/10/2009 6:03:53 AM #

>L<

Flooring,

the references are in the blog post, but (just in case you are not a bot) please see spacefold.com/articles for more info on PDFListener.  If you are not a VFP programmer, don't bother, this is not for you.  (Notice the category of this post.)

>L< United States

12/11/2009 1:42:20 PM #

Uwe

ITS A VERY GOOD TOOL

thanks a lot

Uwe Germany

2/14/2010 2:36:25 PM #

Geldanlagen

Spacefold?

Geldanlagen Germany

3/31/2010 1:53:51 AM #

Zeitarbeit Duesseldorf

I use PDF-Files a lot and this article helped me. Thank you!

Zeitarbeit Duesseldorf Germany

11/22/2010 12:36:41 AM #

Day Spa Sydney

Just wondering if there are going to be any further updates to PDFListener.

Day Spa Sydney Australia